PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT – POLICY STATEMENT.
The purpose of the Personal Protective Equipment Policy is to protect the employees of JOZA GLOBAL LOGISTICS LIMITED from exposure to work place hazards and the risk of injury through the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). PPE is not a substitute for more effective control methods and its use will be considered only when other means of protection against hazards are not adequate or feasible. It will be used in conjunction with other controls unless no other means of hazard control exist.
In View of the above, JOZA Global Logistics Limited shall:
- Provide personal protective equipment for use and maintain it when it has been determined that its use is required to ensure the safety and health of our employees and that such use will lessen the likelihood of occupational injury and/or illness.
- Conduct workplace hazard assessments to determine the presence of hazards which necessitate the use of PPE.
- Select and purchase PPE using best practices as her benchmark.
- Maintain records on hazard assessments as regards the use of PPE
- Maintain records on PPE assignments and training.
- Provide training, guidance, and assistance to supervisors and employees on the proper use, care, and cleaning of approved PPE.
- Periodically re-evaluate the suitability of previously selected PPE
- Review, update, and evaluate the overall effectiveness of PPE use, training, and policies.
- Enforce the use of the PPE by staff, contractors and visitors to ensure strict compliance to the PPE policy.