ROAD TRANSPORT POLICY
In line with the general Health & Safety Policy, it is the policy of JOZA.
- To adopt a systematic approach to the management Road Transport safety issues.
- To assess the risks associated with our road transport activities and to reduce them to the barest minimum
- To document our actions for managing Road Transport risk in our HS Management System and in Road Transport Safety Cases to be reviewed periodically by management.
- To continuously improve our Road Transport safety performance and conduct our Road Transport operations in accordance with relevant National, State and other legal requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that:
- The effective implementation of Road Transport Safety is a line management responsibility.
- The company Drugs and Alcohol policy is communicated to and followed by all staff.
- All drivers are regularly assessed, according to Company Fitness to Work criteria to ensure that they are medically fit to drive.
- All drivers are regularly provided with defensive driving training and are regularly assessed for standard of performance.
- The vehicles are fitted with three point seatbelts and drivers and passengers always wear seatbelt and that only authorize passengers are carried at any time.
- The use of mobile phones, two-way radios or “Citizen Band” (CB) (Including text messaging and hand-free devices) when operating a vehicle is prohibited.
- The Management of night driving is a line responsibility and a planning effort is expected at all times in order to minimize or eliminate night driving to achieve low residual risk.